jueves, 12 de septiembre de 2019

My favorite book

I don't have a favorite book author because like the last post, I'm too bad to choose someone. Although I would highlight authors such as Pedro Lemebel, Tomas Moulian and Zygmunt Bauman. Since they taught me a lot of things through their books and also changed my visions about the society.

I don't have a clear preference about what kind of books but ultimately I've read topics regarding sociology and journalism thanks to the university. In my free time I read manga and light novels like Watamote and Oregairu.

My favorite books are "Chile actual: anatomia de un mito" and "El consumo me consume"  both of them written by Tomas Moulian who criticize the model of neoliberalism in Chile. Out of Chile, my favorite book is "Modernidad Liquida" written by Zygmunt Bauman who explains the actual status of the society thanks to the globalization process nowadays.

The last book I've read was the comic "Cafe amargo" drew and written by the chilean Pía Prado, who portrays the life of a class media worker who lives in the Chile of the 30s.I recomend this comic because it has a great art and a good development story.

Currently, I'm reading "Doña Lucia", a non-authorized chronicle about the life of Lucia Hiriart, who is the dictator's widow of Augusto Pinochet.

Please leave a comment!



2 comentarios:

  1. The books and authors you like are interesting, maybe I will read some of those books.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Are you reading Doña Lucía for college? Because I've heard a lot of people who read that book the last semester

    ResponderEliminar